This 1 day course, delivered Zoom, will introduce practitioners to the theory, spirit and principles in using Motivational Interviewing and will be interactive with whole group and small group discussions using break out rooms.
The learning outcomes for the session are •Understand and explain the Motivational Interviewing approach
• Discuss and apply the Core Spirit and Principles of Motivational Interviewing
• Demonstrate understanding of Core skills: open-ended questioning, affirmations, summarising, reflective listening, sustain talk/discord and change talk
• Describe the Change cycle/model
• Apply the approach in their own area social care/work practice with children, young people and families.
• Know where to find additional information and support